Home About Us Vendors Forum Blog Contact Us
My Tools Budget To Do List Guest List Weddign Party Vendors Gifts

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jennifer's Newlywed Journal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:49 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

Hi everyone! First of all, I just wanted to thank you all for checking out my new site. It has been a LOT of work, but I have truly enjoyed every minute of it. If nothing else, it has just been such an incredible learning experience. I just want to share it with everyone I know! :D

P.S. Married life is fabulous...I feel so lucky that I am married to my BEST friend...life is good! Jen + Chris 4-ever!!!

Post subject: Re: Jennifer's Newlywed Journal
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:56 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

Is anyone else addicted to their electronics??? I am honestly on my laptop working on this site (and accidentally deleting posts :oops: ), checking emails on my iphone, browsing through a magazine and watching tivo'd tv shows all at once. And Chris is working on his fantasy football picks on his laptop right next to me! As my mom said..."she is never going to get a grandchild if we keep this up"! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:16 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

Uh, yah?!? I'm here right now 9pm at night!! I'm only addicted to the computer though. I have little time (or $$$) for anything else!

My first year of marriage was/is quite a journey (almost there! Oct.13)
...merging bank accounts, new job, moved 3 times!!! The wedding still feels like yesterday. The most memorable day of my life!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:14 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

OMG...I have not been to the gym since the wedding! Well, maybe not that long ;) But, I went today and WOW I am out of shape! I am probably not going to be able to walk tomorrow! Yikes! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:57 am 
Star Member
Star Member

I know the feeling! I went to Bikram yoga yesterday. Haven't worked out since my wedding almost a year ago and I am definitely feeling it today!!! Gained over 10 lbs since I got married, but I blame that on my new job...and maybe some newlywed bliss!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:59 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

I have lost a few lbs and it is ONLY because my muscle has turned to fat... :lol:

So we went to see "Burn After Reading" this weekend with Brad Pitt, George Clooney, John Malkovich and one of my favorites, Frances McDormand. It was funny! It is always nice to see a movie without the typical hollywood ending. Brad Pitt was hilarious, which I wasn't expecting. I give it 3 out of 4 wedding cakes! ha ha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:30 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

How funny! I went and saw "The Women" with my friend Angela last week. If we're gonna do movie reviews now, I'd have to give it a 2 1/2 cakes! It was a cheezy (but cute) copy of Sex in the City for women over 40. I still enjoyed it though. It's been a while since Meg Ryan has done a movie I actually liked! And she was adorable in this one!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:40 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

I am supposed to go see "The Women" with my mom. I am glad to hear it is cute. I am dying to see "Bride Wars" with Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway...I am going to have to look into it and see when it comes out! It's gotta be pretty soon. It is funny, my husband actually dragged me to the movies again tonight. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE going to the movies, but in the 10 years I have known him, he does not normally like sitting through movies at the theater. We saw "Lakeview Terrace" with Samuel L. Jackson...it was very predictable. Not sure I would even give it a 1 wedding cake review ;) At least he picked it out so he couldn't blame me that it was boring. I am afraid it might be another 10 years now before I can get him to go again!!! :lol: Other than that, I have just been researching as usual for new blog ideas as always. Ladies, please feel free to pm or email me if you have any ideas you would like me to share on the blog!

P.S. Don't be afraid to join in on the forums...brides love helping other brides out, so if you have a question you don't see on the board yet, feel free to post. The more the merrier!

Thank you!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:52 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

Uggh! My computer was down for nearly a week!!! I felt so out of touch without it! No e-mails, blogging, NO Perez Hilton!!!
Anyway, my husband and I are going to be celebrating our 1 year anniversary in a couple weeks. We are staying at the Beverly Wilshire for 3 nights and we're trying to figure out some fun things to do. My husband is not a fan of the Hollywood scene, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any cool, off-beat places we should go, especially in the evening. He's more of the "hole-in-the-wall" bar kind of guy. (I'm personally going to on the look out for Linday Lohan and Sam-man!) :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

Wow...it sure has been a busy week so far! So much to tell you, but I will give you the condensed version. First off, saw another movie...Religulous...HILARIOUS, "IF" you are not easily offended or too religious. Bill Maher was super funny. The theater was packed too. Very funny, IMHO. One of my best friends had her first baby this weekend (you can check him out in my blog), Kayden Cash....sooooo cute and tiny! I am always working on new ideas for the blog and doing tons of research. I have been in touch with some truly awesome vendors as of late...it has been a reeally great week actually for me. MARKET sucks A$$ though. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will turn out ok on that front. I just cant watch the market/news all day since they honestly just flip flop all day long and its no wonder people are scared. WOOOO, got that out of my system. Chris and I are doing great also. So, enough about me...what is everyone else up to? SIGN UP TODAY AND KEEP A JOURNAL WITH ME :D