Bridal Inquirer :: What Inquiring Brides Want To Know
Home About Us Vendors Forum Blog Contact Us
My Tools Budget To Do List Guest List Weddign Party Vendors Gifts

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guestbooks
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:36 am 

Morning' Ladies!

Let me just get this out of my system...ready, here goes: AM I THE LAST PERSON TO KNOW ABOUT BLURB.COM? Whew....that feels much better now, hahah, thanks. OMG seriously, check out their site because you can make your own BOOK their..binding and all, graphics..I mean everything...lol. OMG-OMG, sooo awesome!

So, I'm thinking about making my own guest book with pics of Eric and I over the years and with other graphics we like ex: surfing, snow boarding, coffee, beer, landscapes...the possibilities are endless...and I love options!

ALSO, how cute is this idea, my sister works at a local copy center in downtown La Jolla and I was thinking to make use of her resources....so she came up with the idea of making bookmarks as a wedding favor to go along with my mini coffee bags. They're so cute too....they're ivory, with a simple picture of dark roast coffee beans, the stamp that I have on my favor bags "Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much" and on the back side it has my favorite quote, "Be the change you wish to see in the world" -Ghandi. Cute no? Of course, they will be laminated and our names and date will be on them too, and I'm thinking about attaching my signature raffia and some wooden beads...lol.

http://www.blurb.com/
http://www.weddingbee.com/2009/04/29/un ... ook-ideas/

What do you girls think? Also, I saw a wooden bench as a guest book...you have your guests sign the bench, and then you can put weather proof gloss over the grain and use it as a practical piece in your home :)

Till next time!

Attachments:
bench.jpg
bench.jpg [ 18.04 KiB | Viewed 1973 times ]
bench.jpg
bench.jpg [ 18.04 KiB | Viewed 1982 times ]

Post subject: Re: Guestbooks
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:32 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

I have heard of blurb, but I ended up using mypublisher after I saw another bride's album that she created. I have heard good things about blurb too!

P.S. I LOVE the bench idea! SOOOOOO awesome. I think I want to have a housewarming party (if we ever find our dream house) and do the bench idea! Very original.