Home About Us Vendors Forum Blog Contact Us
My Tools Budget To Do List Guest List Weddign Party Vendors Gifts

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Denice Hynd Wedding
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:19 pm 

Hello Ladies!
Well, the time has come for me to tell you about my wedding! Here goes:

Marina Village South Lawn & Bayview Room (ceremony & reception): EXCELLENT! We were married on a Friday in order to save some major bucks and it turned out to be perfect if not better! No one else was using ANY of the facilities so it was nice to have the entire parking lot and ground to ourselves. Contact: Amy or Larissa Young :)

Flora Bella (brides bouquet, mothers & groomsmen flowers): EXCELLENT. They work with your budget. They are in Hillcrest, the girls are sooo nice even after your change your order :) They don't do fussy wedding flowers, they focus on smaller scale arrangements. $75 for bride, $5 per groomsmen/mother, $12 for groom

Dream Flowers (bridesmaid bouquets): EXCELLENT. Super affordable at $12/per arrangement. Anna owns her little flower shop right off the 5 and Clairemont Drive. Very nice lady and will do exactly what you want and or envision.

Whole Sale Flowers (gerber daisies for tables, head table arrangement): EXCELLENT price....GOOD communication: beware, this place does not give you any sort of refund, only store credit. I placed my order w/them for 2 5 gallon buckets of gerbs. I was able to chose the color of my order, which was nice since I didn't care of soft pink flowers. $4.95 per bunch (10 stems). I bought 20 bunches. $65 for professional head table arrangement w/wooden vase. They are located at the base of USD off of Linda Vista road. They have EVERYTHING you may need. No refund.

El Tapatio Catering (food, linens, chairs, bartender & 2 service ppl): AWESOME, EXCELLENT, SO AFFORDABLE!!!!!!! Ask to speak to Carolina. We used El Tapatio for our wedding food. Check out their web site. We had unlimited fish tacos, carne asada, beans, rice, guacamole and a salsa bar....chips, limes, onions, cilantro, peppers. They provided ALL plates and utensils and your choice of non-alcoholic drink. we chose Horchata and selected sodas. Their prices includes cook staff (on site) and set-up and removal. Price for food $10.50/per person...we talked them down to $9.25 per person. Bartender cost $30/hour. Service people $15 per hour per person. Food and staff for the entire wedding at 165people tax and service charge came out to be no more than $2,500!!!!! Cheap!!! AND, everyone LOVED the food, professional set up too. Chairs were 0.80 cents per chair (white samsonite) and the linens for the round tables were $10.00 per linen (floor length) ALL colors. Perfect!! Delivery $75 for chairs and linen, as early as you need them, pick up same night included.

Costco (hard alcohol, some beer, water, juice & sodas): we provided ALL the alcohol and this was the BEST and most afforable way to do it. PLUS, we had sooo much left over. Everyone left the wedding very hydrated...lol. We had 5 handles of Bacardi, 5 Handles of Vodka, 5 gallons of cranberry juice, 4 flats of water, 5 flats of assorted sodas. $500 at the most

Trader Joes (wine): we bought 2 cases (24 bottles) of white wine. We had an entire case left over. Each bottle was between $3-$4 dollars...cheap, cheap...and good! No more than $120 for BOTH cases.

Beer King (2 kegs coors-light): We only finished one keg, lol. EXCELLENT package, includes cups, tap, barrels, ice and delivery $120 each keg with all the fixings.

Davids Bridal (bride & bridesmaids): Affordable and EXCELLENT customer service. I loved them. They were so helpful and considerate of your style and budget. Wedding Gown: $300 PLUS a $50 off coupon....final price $268 w/gown bag. Bridemaids dress: $135...PLUS $20 off coupon final price $115 plus tax. Pretty!! Veil $20...it wasn't a 'veil' but instead I used a 'blusher' but it was still very long....no one could even tell. Mission Valley Store ask for Ursula.

JC-Penny (groom and groomsmen): Perfect. Dockers $35 or less, Oxford shirt $25 or less, belt $15 or less, tie $20. Fashion Valley location.

Payless Shoes (guys shoes): Casual surf style shoe in dark brown: $35 bucks :) Pt. Loma location.

Reflections (brides shoe): Aqua teal leather shoe w/pine wood heel and sole & rinestone peep-toe buckle $35. Fashion Valley location.

ULTA Salon (bride hair and bridemaids): Ask for Dominique.....AWESOME and comes to your location. Bride $75, Bridesmaids: $65.

DJ: Ricardo Pecina. Ceremony and reception....AWESOME< AWESOME! Usual price $150 per hour....my price $100 per hour. Final price $700 bucks. Look him up :)

Photography: Alan Smith Photography. He isn't a professional. he does it on the side. We were lucky enough to know him personally, and he didn't charge us :) We ended up giving him a $500 tip.

Cake: Terry Web, look her up on facebook. She has won many, many contests in Orange County. Currently doing a cake for Jennifer Aniston :) Grooms aunt....no charge there :) Delicious!!!!!

Officiant: Ren Daversa. $300. Nice lady, walks you through everything. Beware she doesnt meet with you until the day of the wedding. BUT, she is in constant contact with you through email/phone. She has a site...look her up. Has done THOUSANDS of weddings.:)

Michaels Crafts: I'm done with that place for a while. Go there for inspiration and try and put a personal twist on your thoughts :)

Etsy.com: party POMs. Perfect and cheap :) $35 for 7 of them, assembly required.

Anyway, I think that's it :) Hope this helps you guys!!! And believe me....you too can have a wedding for $10,000 or less!

XoXo,
Denice Hynd

Post subject: Re: Denice Hynd Wedding
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:54 pm 

Oooh, I forgot to mention the price of the ceremony & reception site.

Ceremony on the South Lawn on a Friday $400
Reception in the Bayview Room on a Friday $2,200 (includes tables & chairs) beware, the chairs are ugly banquet chairs....navy blue seat cushions & backs with aluminum frames. AND, if you want them covered it costs $3.50 per chair and at 165 chairs that was ridiculous. So, that's when we went with El Tapatio & used their chairs at 0.80 cents per chair.

Post subject: Re: Denice Hynd Wedding
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:51 am 

Wedding Jewelry (Bride & Bridesmaids): Excellent. In going with the organic motif...I went ahead an looked at PINK HIPPO designs...and fell in love with all of Alicia's pieces. All her artwork/jewelry is made by hand, by her :) She has unique pieces that you wont find anywhere else. She's a local designer...so that's right up my alley! She made my necklace...as well as 6 other similar yet different in one way or another for the girls. Loved them all! Super Affordable! Search: PINK HIPPO designs