All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Julius and Jennifer's wedding October 13, 2007
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:22 am 
Star Member
Star Member

This has been long over due...
Here we go!!!

The Dress...
A Lazaro dress I purchased at Here Comes the Bride. It was the 3rd dress I tried on and I knew the minute I looked in the mirror that this was the one.
Attachment:
LZ3662.jpg
LZ3662.jpg [ 72.76 KiB | Viewed 1861 times ]

Now, here's me in it...
Attachment:
the dress.jpg
the dress.jpg [ 91.59 KiB | Viewed 1863 times ]

Attachment:
bow.jpg
bow.jpg [ 71.25 KiB | Viewed 1858 times ]

Attachment:
veil and train.jpg
veil and train.jpg [ 89.23 KiB | Viewed 1860 times ]

The Shoes...
I ordered these Sam Edelman's online (which I never do) and they fit! High heels, but comfortable.
Attachment:
shoes.jpg
shoes.jpg [ 94.63 KiB | Viewed 1859 times ]

Formal Wear...
The boys rented their Calvin Klein suits from Men's Wearhouse. The girls purchased their black brocade dresses from BCBG (and are now looking to sell them if anyone is interested! :D )
Attachment:
formal wear.jpg
formal wear.jpg [ 118.32 KiB | Viewed 1860 times ]

The Rings...
My engagement ring was purchased in LA from the family jeweler (my husband picked it out himself, with no influence on my part!) Our bands were purchased in Old Town at the Diamond Connection (now OUR family jeweler). Mine is an eternity band with filigree. My husband's is Tungsten with a Platnum inlay.
Attachment:
rings.jpg
rings.jpg [ 82.63 KiB | Viewed 1860 times ]

The Invitations...
We went to Truso in Del Mar originally for our Bridal Shower invitations. We ended up getting a moderate discount on our wedding invites and could have gone even further with thank you's and what not, but held out because they are pricey! These were pocket-fold invitations in plum and ivory (with black print). I wish now that I had been a bit more daring and added some graphics or something. They were a little on the plain side, but I like to say they were elegant. :D
Attachment:
invitations.jpg
invitations.jpg [ 107.25 KiB | Viewed 1857 times ]

Attachment:
invites.jpg
invites.jpg [ 117.51 KiB | Viewed 1861 times ]

The Guest Book...
We (or should I say, I) made this through Kodak Gallery. We used our engagement photos to create a "scrapebook" for the guests to write in. We also had a "fancy" one for the church, but this one ended up being much more entertaining to read! :lol:
Attachment:
guest book.jpg
guest book.jpg [ 106.36 KiB | Viewed 1858 times ]

The Church...
We were married at St. Brigid's church in Pacific Beach. This particular church has a lot of meaning behind it for my husband and his family. His parents were married there, he was baptized there, and his late grandmother walked to church weekly up until a short time before she passed. We did the whole Catholic preparation including the weekend retreat. Suprisingly, we both enjoyed it quite a bit (for two non-church goers ;) ). We were unable to do a full mass like the family had hoped (because I am not Catholic), but it was still a very spiritual and beautiful ceremony.
Attachment:
st.brigid's.jpg
st.brigid's.jpg [ 111.7 KiB | Viewed 1860 times ]

Attachment:
ceremony.jpg
ceremony.jpg [ 146.15 KiB | Viewed 1856 times ]

The Flowers...
We went with a florist that was reccomended highly by both cousin-in-laws who had used her for their weddings. Haydee's Creative Flowers was reasonably affordable, fresh, and beautifully done. I really had a hard time picturing what I wanted and I think at times, I may have frustrated her, but in the end, she got what I was thinking and made it absolutely stunning! We did a variety of flowers from orchids to hydrangeas, calalilies, and roses.
Attachment:
bride's.jpg
bride's.jpg [ 92.51 KiB | Viewed 1863 times ]

Attachment:
bridal table.jpg
bridal table.jpg [ 128.71 KiB | Viewed 1861 times ]

Attachment:
dinner table1.jpg
dinner table1.jpg [ 103.64 KiB | Viewed 1861 times ]

Attachment:
dinner table2.jpg
dinner table2.jpg [ 108.7 KiB | Viewed 1858 times ]

Attachment:
ballroom.jpg
ballroom.jpg [ 118.97 KiB | Viewed 1859 times ]

Attachment:
name card table.jpg
name card table.jpg [ 140.64 KiB | Viewed 1861 times ]

The Favors...
Our favors were unique in the sense that we wanted to honor our two cultures, my husband's being Italian, and myself being (a quarter) Japanese. We used sake cups to hold the traditional 5 Jordan almonds representing health, wealth, happiness, fertility, and longevity. When it came time to toast, servers came around and filled the sake carafes for the guests to pour into their cups and toast.
Attachment:
favors.jpg
favors.jpg [ 106.09 KiB | Viewed 1859 times ]

The Reception...
We traveled from Pacific Beach where our ceremony was held to Del Mar for a sunset reception at L'Auberge. The evening started with a one hour hosted cocktail reception followed by a plated, white-glove serviced dinner. Cocktail hour and dinner were held on the Pacific Terrace overlooking the ocean. From there, the party moved downstairs to the ballroom for dancing and MORE drinking. But just before dinner was served, Julius and I took part in a (modified) Japenese wedding ceremony with our families. This is where the sake cups came into play. We poured each other a sip of sake to drink from the same cup. Then we went to each of our parents and grandparents and offered them a sip from the cup. This is to unite the two families together. Here's the pics...
Attachment:
japanese ceremony.jpg
japanese ceremony.jpg [ 87.59 KiB | Viewed 1862 times ]

Attachment:
family's unite.jpg
family's unite.jpg [ 99.31 KiB | Viewed 1858 times ]

Attachment:
first drink.jpg
first drink.jpg [ 80.5 KiB | Viewed 1861 times ]

Attachment:
dinner menu.jpg
dinner menu.jpg [ 108.43 KiB | Viewed 1851 times ]

Attachment:
terrace.jpg
terrace.jpg [ 140.05 KiB | Viewed 1854 times ]

Attachment:
filet.jpg
filet.jpg [ 87.7 KiB | Viewed 1853 times ]

Attachment:
ballroom tables.jpg
ballroom tables.jpg [ 136.77 KiB | Viewed 1852 times ]

The Ice Luge and Cookie Table...
My husband insisted on having an Ice sculpture which ended up being a martini shaped ice luge with our initials inscribed in it. We are not typically martini drinkers, but it was definitely a conversation starter... in more ways than one! :lol:
Attachment:
ice luge.jpg
ice luge.jpg [ 67.53 KiB | Viewed 1858 times ]

The cookie table was something I wanted to do along with the cake. We served homemade treats (the lemon bars were the best!). These were accompanied by coffee and tea and were great little snacks to soak up the alcohol before the cake arrived! My mother-in-law's dear friend Chrisi is a wonderful pastry chef and was thoughtful enough to put this together for us.
Attachment:
cookie table.jpg
cookie table.jpg [ 105.63 KiB | Viewed 1855 times ]

The Cake...
Ahh, the cake. What ever you do, don't spend a fortune on some terrible tasting, yet beautiful looking fondant cake that costs a fortune. Why do that when you can get your cake at VG's in Cardiff (and a doughnut too while you are there)! It was the most delicious, inexpensive, and gorgeous cake I could ever imagine. DO NOT be scared off by the presence of the facility. It has been there for decades, so they must be doing something right!
Attachment:
vg's cake.jpg
vg's cake.jpg [ 85.61 KiB | Viewed 1855 times ]

And last, but not least, The Photographers...
Chana and Don Photography. The most down to earth, and fun couple I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. All the photos above were just a "snapshot" (excuse the pun) of the quality of work the put out. Not the most inexpensive, definitely affordable, and well worth the price. I am attaching another post below as a tribute to them of SOME of my favs..

Post subject: Re: Julius and Jennifer's wedding October 13, 2007
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:14 pm 

This was worth the wait ;) What a beautiful bride! I love the back of your dress. The decor and flowers are amazing. Thank you for sharing :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:53 pm 

Wow, everything was so beautiful and elegant. I love your flowers. I am obsessed with the dark burgundy callalillies right now. :D Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:41 pm 

Your flowers are amazing. The tree/floral arrangement on your name card table is just too beautiful. My fiance is dying to get an ice luge too :lol: Where did you order yours from and was it super expensive? You guys are hot, hot, hot! ;) Congrats Mr & Mrs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:59 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

Yeah, the ice luge was a hit! I don't know the exact company that makes them. The coordinator at the hotel was the one who booked it. She had worked with this company before and said she could get a good price...don't know if that's really the case, but it was a last minute addition, so we just went for what she reccomended.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:30 pm 

What can I say that hasn't been said? :D Beautiful couple, beautiful wedding!