Home About Us Vendors Forum Blog Contact Us
My Tools Budget To Do List Guest List Weddign Party Vendors Gifts

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jennifer's Newlywed Journal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:52 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

JZ2....I have some ideas for you for your anniversary in LA. FIrst off, Beverly Wilshire is beautiful and you are in Bev Hills so you pretty much can have a fabulous time never really having to leave your hotel....BUT, of course you need to walk down Rodeo Drive (look for Dr Ray's office from Dr 90210) haha. Make sure you make a trip to Sprinkles, for some fabulous cupcakes! or get a Pinkberry frozen yogurt while you are in town. I hear that Pink's has the world's greatest hot dogs too. There was ALWAYS a line around the shop! Maison 140 in Bev Hills is a boutique hotel that has a very tiny quaint bar that is fun to have a drink at. And for the more divey options....check out: Boardners (It is sorta like Dukes in Cardiff) with all types and features a jukebox :) BUT, there are lots of the more clubby type bars close by so you may just run into La La Lohan or SaMANtha!!! hahhahahah! It is about a 20 min drive though. A friend of mine who lives in LA recommended these fun divey bars: Tiny's K.O., Coach 'n' Horses, both in Hollywood and The Rainbow in West Hollywood (closer to you) which is a fun rock 'n' roll, 80's glam flashback place (think Hillcrest). She said you can check them out on www.yelp.com for reviews, etc. Otherwise, Santa Monica has a ton of options too....It really just depends on what you are looking for. Hope this helps!!! Happy Anniversary!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:54 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

Thank you so much for all the great ideas. We had planned to check out some of the places you mentioned, but we were not as ambitious as we thought. We arrived Saturday afternoon around 4pm and just ordered in that night. We had a beautiful suite on the 6th floor overlooking the pool. Sunday morning we headed down to the pool for mimosas (my husband had a beer-mosa...imagine that?!?) and lounged for a few hours before some friends of ours arrived from Ohai. We took them to Sinigual (the old El Torito) for dinner, drinks, and the Chargers. After the game, the girls took a walk to Sprinkles while the boys hit up Rite Aid for some budweiser. Unfortunately, Sprinkles was closed so we went to Crumbs instead. I bought the "twinkie" and the "hostess" cupcakes. I couldn't enjoy them though because I had stuffed my fat face at dinner! :lol: The rest of the crew enjoyed them on my behalf and said they were delicious. My friend got the "Artie Lang" and a "Neopolitan" ...they were all gone by the morning.
Monday was our actual anniversary. We said good bye to our friends and headed to the spa for a couples massage, courtesy of my mom. FABULOUS!!! After the spa, we went for a walk around town and had lunch at a little corner cafe on Brighton called the Brighton Coffeeshop. Affordable and delicious "hangover" food. We both had cheesburgers with Ore-Ida style crinkle fries...yum! We did the Rodeo walk of envy. It wasn't as glamorous as I had thought, but still neat to see. Dinner that night was at the Blvd at the Beverly Wilshire. I wasn't that impressed with the ambiance. It was a bit boring for us, but the food was tasty. We then took the house car to the Laugh Factory. We thought it would run later than it did, so we only got to enjoy the last hour or so of the show. It was pretty hilarious. We sat right in the front row (because we came in late) so my husband was the butt of a few of the comedian's jokes. The final comedian ended up being Tommy Davidson from In Living Color. We ended the evening with a nightcap at the Sidebar in the hotel. A great 1st Anniversary for us! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:44 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

Oops! Here's some pics!
Attachment:
Pool View.jpg
Pool View.jpg [ 114.53 KiB | Viewed 1841 times ]
Pool View.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments:
loungin'.jpg
loungin'.jpg [ 83.22 KiB | Viewed 1837 times ]
sinigual's.jpg
sinigual's.jpg [ 90.01 KiB | Viewed 1839 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:41 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

Hey jz2! Sounds like you had a great anniversary! Glad to hear it.

I have unfortunately spent my weekend home sick in bed so far :mrgreen: My husband has been taking great care of me (although he is walking around disinfecting everything I touch with bleach)! :lol: I have not been this sick in a while. We rented Baby Mama w/ Tina Fey and Amy Pohler from SNL so hopefully it will be funny. Oh well, back to bed...have a good weekend all!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:09 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

Sooooooooooooooo busy. Sooooooooooooooo little time! ;) I promise to update you soon! must.get.to.bed.now. :shock: must.work.on.getting.better.smilies........ :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:01 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

What is it about getting older that time just FLIES by??? Honestly, weeks fly by and weekends fly by even faster! We had a good weekend...Fri was just relaxing at home and then Sat we went out for dinner and drinks at my favorite restaurant, Ruth's Chris. It was nice to get dressed up and actually get out of the house :D And I forgot how good a Tanqueray Collins is! YUM :lol: Chris played football on Sunday morning and then spent the rest of the day watching football on tv! I spent the day with my mom. We went to breakfast, then to the farmers market, then we walked down to the Seaside Bazaar and finished the day up with scrapbooking! It was a really fun day actually. I can't believe that Halloween is this weekend! :twisted: Wow...that means spring forward, fall back is VERY near...boo. I am going to be driving home from work in the dark...how is it that I am 33 years old and that still shocks me? haha...until next time....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:01 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

Hello everyone! Well, I have been hard at work on the blog for this site as well as getting the word out about it so we can get more chatter in the forum for you (thanks SO much all of you girls who are already on here...dont forget to tell all of your friends who are planning!) :D Well, another weekend has come and gone...friday night we went down to El Callejon again and had two INSANE margaritas and both went to bed EARLY. Yesterday we ran errands all day and went to lunch. I made Chris watch P.S. I love you and he was NOT happy about it...of course I balled my eyes out like three times. He had football this morning (and hurt his leg :evil: ) while I met my mom, brother and friend w/ her new baby (already a month old!!! I cant believe it) for breakfast. We had wacky weather today...it was BEAUTIFUL in the morning and then it sprinkled on us and then just went to a really cloudy day. The time change last night has me really tired now...back to work tomorrow! Have a good week all!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:39 pm 
Star Member
Star Member

I CANNOT believe how time flies! WOW, it is almost Christmas...yikes. I had a VERY busy day today. I started by making a Christmas cd, went grocery shopping, stopped for a smoothie, got a Christmas tree, decorated the tree, baked cookies, started my Christmas cards, did laundry and just settled in to research for the blog. Of course as soon as I sat down...Chris says..."What's for dinner?"...hhhmmmm, top ramen...again? I am a horrible cook. BUT, as he always says..."I didn't marry her for her cooking skills"! lol. We rented "The Strangers", but I don't know if I will be able to stay up for a movie. Well, I hope you are all having a VERY happy start to the holiday season. Chat soon...